Saturday, May 3, 2014

I Heart Brownies... Your Preview

Fudgey Chocolate Chunk Brownies

I have a Real LOVE for Brownies. I can take or leave a Cookie.  Don’t care much for Pastries… but little squares of chocolate goodness make my heart go 
pitter patter

My go-to recipe…  Basic enough that you can create variations.

I HEART Brownies. The End.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 cups chocolate chunks
Instructions
1.   Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 9 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Beat together the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a stand mixer bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
3.  Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix in the baking soda.
4. Mix in the chocolate chunks with a wooden spoon or spatula.
5.  Once the batter forms (it will be thick), scrape it into the prepared dish and spread evenly.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, until brownies begin to pull away from the side of the pan.
7.  Serves 9-12.

If you couldn't tell, I LOVE chunks in my brownies. And I like them Fudgey. But if you like a different sort of brownie, here are a couple of easy alterations:

  • For more cake like brownies: use baking powder instead of soda and whisk the batter to add air.
  • Don’t like all the chocolate chunks? Use 1 cup of chocolate chips, or use mini chocolate chips (or omit altogether)!
  • Like a firmer (rather than Fudgey) brownie? Bake for 5-10 minutes longer until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. 
By Ashton 


No comments:

Post a Comment